Want your May to be life-changing? Us, too, which is why we're teaming with Quercus Books to bring you the first in a run of May brilliance, starting with a Pulitzer Prize winner all the way from America with our first-ever show at The Ace Hotel in Shoreditch!
What is Literary Death Match? Four writers read their own work for seven minutes or less, and are then judged by three all-star judges. Two finalists are chosen to compete in the Literary Death Match finale, a vaguely-literary game to decide the ultimate winner.
- Literary Merit: Robert Olen Butler, Pulitzer Prize winning author of A Good Scent from a Strange Mountain
- Performance: Elizabeth Day, award-winning journalist and author of and Home Fires
- Intangibles: Anthony Davis, writer, Smooth Radio drivetime host, aviation journalist
- J. Ryan Stradal, author of Kitchens of the Great Midwest
- Jessica Cornwell, author of The Serpent Papers
- Tom Moran , author of Dinosaurs and Prime Numbers , first recipient of the Guardian Legend Self Published Book of the Month
- Lucy Foley, author of The Book of Lost and Found