A Taste of Lakota Tradition
Traditional Lakota meal prepared with vegetables grown by the Cheyenne River Youth Project in the Winyan Toka Win (Leading Lady) Garden, and other fruits and vegetables picked on the plains of the Cheyenne River. Presented by Bird Cage Book Store and the Cheyenne River Youth Project.
As part of the program, One Book South Dakota author J. Ryan Stradal will also read from his bestselling novel, Kitchens of the Great Midwest, talk about the influences behind his book, answer questions, and sign copies.
- Chocolate Zucchini Cake with Chokecherry Syrup
- Wasna (buffalo meat, honey, chokecherries, buffalo fat)
- Lakota Soup (dried corn, turnips, buffalo stew meat, fresh garden vegetables)
- Chokecherry Patties
- Fresh Homemade Bread (baked locally by Dragonfly Organic Breads)
- Traditional Herb Tea, Coffee and Water